Corona cases are increasing continuously in China, after which the Government of India has asked the state governments to conduct a mock drill on 27 December. The Union Health Ministry has written to all the States and Union Territories, saying that in view of the increase in the number of cases of Covid in many countries around the world, it is necessary that all the States / Union Territories have necessary public health facilities in case of any emergency. Measures should be taken. Preparedness of Covid-19 health facilities is important.
What will happen in the drill? The Center has said that during this exercise, health facilities covering all the districts will be tested, such as how many doctors are there, how many isolation beds are there, how many are the total beds, what is the arrangement of oxygen, how many ICU beds are there. Also how many ventilators are there. All these preparations will be drilled during this time.
What is the central government of India doing?
- Central government makes RT-PCR test mandatory for international passengers coming from China, South Korea, Japan, Thailand and Hong Kong
- Random testing is also being done at the airport
- The government has urged people to wear masks, avoid crowded places and follow Covid-friendly behaviour.
- States have been asked to increase RT-PCR and antigen tests in every district under the Covid rules.
- Instructions for conducting genome sequencing of more cases
- Instructions to prepare resources and staff to deal with Covid in hospitals
- States have been asked to run awareness campaign to increase vaccination
- It has also been asked to increase the coverage of booster dose.
- Told to instruct all event organizers, business owners, business organizations that festivals are about to come, so keep in mind that the crowd should not gather. Apart from this, indoor events should make masks mandatory for people.
What are the state governments doing?
Random Covid tests will be done at airports as well as railway stations and bus stands in Bihar and advisory has also been issued to malls, shopping centers and cinema halls to follow Covid protocol.
Gujarat Health Minister Hrishikesh Patel directed to increase screening at international airports.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is going to hold a meeting to review the preparedness against the pandemic. Some major decisions can be taken in the meeting.
Patients infected with the new variant BF.7 have not yet been found in Delhi. Genome sequencing of all new active cases is being done in Delhi. Along with this, 2,500 tests are being done everyday in Delhi. Special attention is also being given to booster dose.
Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has informed the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly that the Maharashtra government will soon set up a task force to monitor the Covid situation. The state government will coordinate with the central government and its agencies on this.
Random checking of passengers coming from abroad has started at the airport in Uttar Pradesh. Along with this, the Integrated Covid Command Center has also been activated.
Corona status in India
If we talk about Corona figures in India, then 236 new cases have been registered in the last 24 hours. After which the number of active cases of Covid in the country has increased to 3,424.