Kyiv. The death toll from Russia’s missile attack on a residential building in the southeastern Ukrainian city of Dnipro has risen to 35. An official gave this information on Monday. Regional governor Valentin Reznichenko said rescuers were still struggling to pull survivors from the rubble. Around 75 people were injured in the attack and 35 others are missing.
According to locals, around 1,700 people lived in the multi-storey building. There was no military facility on the spot. According to the ‘Associated Press-Frontline War Crimes Watch Project’, this is the highest number of civilian casualties at one place since September 30. Several cities in Ukraine were attacked by Russians on Saturday. The capital Kyiv and the northeastern city of Kharkiv were also targeted. Prior to this, there had been no attacks on the energy infrastructure and urban centers of Ukraine for almost two weeks.
Talking about other events related to the war
- Kherson regional governor Yaroslav Yanushevich said three people were killed and 14 others wounded in shelling by the Russian army in the Kherson region over the past 24 hours. A hospital, a center for disabled children, a shipyard, critical infrastructure and buildings were targeted in the shelling.
- According to the regional administration of Zaporizhia, Russian forces attacked the city, targeting industrial infrastructure. Three people were injured in the attack, two of whom were children.
- According to the Ministry of Defense of Belarus, the Air Force of Russia and Belarus started a joint exercise, which will continue till February 1. Russia has sent warplanes to Russia for military exercises.
- The head of Sevastopol, Mikhail Razvozhaev, said airmen shot down a drone over the bay of the Sevastopol port in Crimea.
read this also:- Thousands of people gathered to bid farewell to the last king of Greece, Constantine